From:
Tressie Dutchyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 06:28:36 -0300
I took in a rescue because he had killed 4 birds. He killed 3
budgies on separate occasions and then killed a lovebird, whose mate
subsequently died of grief. The father at that point decided the ferret
had to go. There were 14 remaining birds and the ferret was the only
ferret in the household.

He's a wonderful ferret only a year old. However, it reinforces that
the two species are not a good mix. Therefore, I would strongly advise
against getting a bird. The pet store is correct, the ferrets presence
would be a constant source of stress to the bird. The only reasonable
option would be to keep the ferrets and bird on separate floors, in
different rooms, and never in shared space.

Tressie

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi