From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:20:16 -0400
Possum Senior Reporter -
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy and Suzie Q watching from Rainbow Bridge
June/July 2011

Possum here: Where did June go? If Mum would stay home I could get my
news done in a timely manner - but - NOOOOOOOOOOO - mum is running all
over the country - going here and going there -

So too keep Mr. BIG from pulling his hair out - I am going to combine
and make this news for both June and July - It was a busy June with Mum
gone to the symposium with the International Ferret Congress - the
pictures have not yet been posted - when they are I will let you know -
Miss Donna stayed that time with us - We sure kept her moving!

The weekend after was our clinic day here with our favorite Doc - lots
and lots of humans and their ferrets were here that day - lots of food,
fun watching to see how many times Master Tobey climbed out of the pen
- Miss Christine winning that guessing game - he climbed out 56 times -
Miss Wendy took beautiful portraits of fur kids for the folks that
wanted them - she and Mr. Dick took pictures of the days events - if
mum would stay home we would have the pictures posted for you to see
already - but she didn't - so they are not!

The next two weeks after that were regents exams for the 2 legged
furless kids - that kept mum hopping - the weekend after school let
out mum spent an all expense paid weekend in Chautauqua with Alice cat,
Hannah cat, Lily dog, oh yeah Miss Kathy and Miss Marilyn too. Miss
Mindy stayed with us that time - she looked pretty pooped when mum got
home - mum is sure using up her shelter capital with all the times she
is leaving us at home -

There have been several new families stopping by to check us out - Miss
Donna D, Miss Mindy H and Miss Stacie K helped mum get the last of the
odd cages out of the shelter so mum could set up the last of the ferret
nation cage in that corner of that room.

Sidney needed to see our favorite Doc so Miss Jackie R and her Mr. Bob
took him to Brockport - Miss Iliana B and Miss Brie have been in and
out helping mum keep up - especially when mum was working extra for
regents' weeks -

Miss Donna brought Sidney home from the hospital - surgery went well -
the tumor and his spleen are gone - there were 2 very big nodes on his
pancreas so they were removed too - mum had his sick pen set all ready
up for his arrival home - with a bowl of soup as soon as he got here -

Mr. Tom and Miss Stephanie N. came to Naples with the picnic table that
was offered to us. They brought Miss Alex with them - she is a 2 legged
furless kid that is learning how to help mum take care of fur kids -
Thanks you guys
- Thankfully the picnic table got here after mum got Sidney settled
into the sick pen, by the time Tom and Steph left it was time for
Charlie and Reilly K. to get here, to pick up the girls - they were
adopting Anna and Kate - Reilly is 10 yrs old, each time he comes to
the shelter he wants to touch every single one of us ferrets, so mum
emailed Reilly and his dad to ask Reilly if he and his dad would help
her get us fur kids weighed - Reilly was delighted to know he was going
to get to touch and handle everyone of us in the shelter.

Little did he know we fur kids don't always want to be weighed so he
found some of us to be a bit of a challenge - we had fun with Reilly
and his dad that day. When we were all weighed and nails cut - they
took Kate and Anna home with them.

Now that mum is home "for a while" - don't ask - she is going to be
running off again in a few weeks - 2 more times - for all expense paid
weekends - Miss Loana is taking her to Lilly Dale NY and Miss Kathy has
invited her to their place in Canada - mum is working on the papers to
be able to go - 4th of July has come and gone - Miss Sheilla and Mr
Malcolm came to Naples over the weekend to lay their Benji to rest here
in our memorial site - mum and his family were so sad that Benji left
for Rainbow Bridge - a new family was here they want to adopt one of
us fur kids - Ryan is 15yrs old and he has that glint in his eyes mum
calls "bitten by the ferret bug" he and his family are learning more
about ferrets to see if we might fit into their life style -

Miss Donna was here mowing and taking care of our property - then Miss
Iliana and her Mr. Bob came to put flowers in the new garden mum's 2
legged furless kid and her grandson's built for her - it is beautiful -
mum calls it Ili's garden -

We have a surprise - you should mark your calendar - Miss Wendy had
this great idea -

               Christmas in October -

Saturday - October 8, 2011 10 am till >>>>>>>>>>>>
Raffle Table
Bedding Auction
Cook Out
Photo Shoot

As the plans are made - my being the senior reporter - I will be adding
more to this for you - I just wanted you to have the date so you could
put it on the calendar -

This time somebody needs to come in and get me so I can come join the
fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have some serious business to discuss with you humans - since
Suzie Q left for Rainbow Bridge I know I have been telling you I do not
need help with the news - but it is much more fun to have somebody to
work with -

so I am asking each of you to go look at our web site to see who you
think might be a good cub reporter - www.ferretfarm.org - send me
suggestions of who you think would work well for me - my personal
email address is [log in to unmask]

don't be sending mum your suggestions send them to me - I want to see
who you think will work hard for me - don't be picking bossy fur kids
either -

I think I have all the news done - because mum was out running all
over I have no notes to tell me what to report - if you think I missed
something let me know - I will have mum put it in next months notes so
I can cover them in that news - that is if she stays home long enough
to do it for me -

Until next month -
Possum Senior Reporter
Lakeroad Ferret Farm