From:
jennifer robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2011 05:18:26 -0700
Apologies if this is a repeat - I'm soooo far behind on EVERYTHING
(especially online stuff).

Many of you know that Wysong came out with out with the very first
STARCH-FREE kibblles, Epigen-60 and Epigen-90. While these products
are good to begin with, they lack sufficient fat content for ferrets,
so an additional fat source should be provided if thee products are
used as a primary component in your ferrets' diet. Wysong now has a
FERRET version of their epigen-90 product with 20% fat. The analysis
and ingredients list looks pretty dang good too.

Please check this out if you feed kibble...
http://www.wysong.net/products/ferret-epigen-90.php

The first extruded dry diet/kibble ferret food (patent pending) that
is Starch Free[TM] (Epigen[TM] does what "Grain Free" pet foods only
pretend to do) Contains an unprecedented 90% meat and organs, 60%
protein, and 20% fat

first 5 ingredients:
Ferret Epigen 90[TM]
Ingredients:
Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed
Tocopherols as a source of Vitamin E), Chicken Giblets, Gelatin
(source of collagen and proteoglycans),

Please note that gelatin is an animal-based protein, but many people
think of "Jell-o" as a "vegetatian food".

Even though I feed all raw food, I'm pretty excited about this since
since I'f a firm believer that starches contribute heavily to the
insulinomas we see in so many of our ferrets.

-jennifer