From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2011 14:23:55 -0400
[Note this refers to the FHL, not to the list you are reading now which
is the FML.  BIG]

First, and more importantly, the Ferret Health List is very happy to
announce that three long-time FHL members whose contributions have
helped so many over the years: Tressie Dutchyn, Caitlyn Martin, and
the highly respected ferret veterinary expert, Dr. Ruth Heller will be
joining Pam Sessoms, Troy Lynn Eckart, Patty Kaczorowski, and Julie
Fossa (and for a little while longer also me) as FHL moderators.

Troy Lynn Ekart is taking my (Sukie's) place as one of the list owners,
joining Pam Sessoms.

Their additions will keep the FHL strong and responsive during a time
of change.

-- Pam Sessoms, Troy Lynn Eckart, Patty Kaczorowski, Julie Fossa,
Tressie Dutchyn, Caitlyn Martin, Dr. Ruth Heller, and for a very little
while longer also me, Sukie Crandall

Second, is a personal note. It became obvious last year that the health
needs of some people in our family would eat up enough time and perhaps
make other demands that simply would not allow me to continue as an
FHL moderator and one of the FHL owners. Suddenly having to disappear
at the drop of a hat would not have been fair to anyone, so we prepared
a training paper and a list of people of we wanted to invite as
moderators, some of whom sadly declined while we waited for the right
time for me to leave. Having so many of our first choice people agree
to become FHL moderators is an absolute joy.

The time for me to become a member has arrived.

So, I have mixed emotions. I know for certain that the FHL is in
absolutely wonderful hands, but it feels strange after 10 years and
a few months to know that I will be a member rather than performing
additional chores. This week I will do a tiny bit, and then I will have
a few quiet days being handy just in case of an emergency and behaving
as a member rather than a moderator. Then on the 15th I'll change my
setting to member as my last action as a moderator. If Yahoogroups
refuses to let me do that Pam will do it for me.

Yes, I will still be a Ferret Health List member. How could I not be?
I love the community and the learning.

This change will give me the time and the peace of mind that I nee
now to best help our human family, so many thanks for people's
understanding and the incredibly flattering notes I have been receiving
ever since the announcement first appeared on the FHL. I've both
blushed and even cried a little.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/