From:
Brenda Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:59:39 -0400
Possum Senior Reporter - Suzie Q cub reporter
Ziggy Reporter of a higher order
Andy watching from Rainbow Bridge
April 2011

Possum Here: Oh Suzie I do believe Spring has sprung - Miss Donna D was
here working outside - she and mum got the barrel that had fallen apart
out of the garden - Miss Donna D loves working out in our yard she
makes it look so pretty - thanks Miss Donna D

Suzie Q Here: Yup! Yup! Yup, Miss Donna D working out in the yard is a
definite indication that spring has sprung - the weather is getting
better enough that we need to find a day to get anyone that wants to
come help us put a second coat on our play yard - Miss Sheilla already
got us more Dry-Loc for the play yard blocks all we need now are the
humans to come help put it on - Mum says she would like to see if we
could get it done before our June clinic day - June 11th - speaking of
clinic day we have ferrets already signed up to see our favorite Doc

Possum Here: yeah boy is that a fun day to hang out at the shelter - we
sure hope you can come, Miss Lynne did another stained glass piece for
us to raffle - take a look it is all done http://www.ferretfarm.org/
Miss Mindy has it on the front page. Raffle tickets are $2.00 each or
3 for $5.00 you do not have to be here to win - Mum actually asked Miss
Lynne not to ship it to Naples just in case it is won by someone out of
state - Miss Lynne can ship it direct to the winner - sooooo go take a
look at the new stained glass piece Miss Lynne did - it is the best one
yet.

Suzie Q Here: Oh and the store site is gone for now, mum and Miss Mindy
took it down because it was costing more money than what was coming
in - so if you want something just email mum she will work it up for
you and get it sent - you can still get the IFC shirts too - just not
though the web site - use mums email address [log in to unmask]
Miss Jackie R is no longer MIA - she came to see us last Friday - it
was so good to see Miss Jackie R - Miss Iliana was here that day Mum
called to her to come see who was at the door, Mum and Iliana were so
happy to see Miss Jackie - Miss Genevieve has been here too helping
and taking pictures of us - She will be going on an out reach trip to
Geneva the week mum is on vacation - she and mum are taking Teddy -
Miss Donna Z came to Naples with lots and lots of news papers - she got
to see the new shelter cages and visited with mum - Miss Susann T came
to pick up Wolfy to get him an implant - he was feeling better enough
to get that done - So Wolfy and Miss Susann went to the vet together
for the implant -

Possum Here: don't forget about Miss Brie she came to help too - she
and mum got poopy papers picked up and new ones put down - Miss Brie
and Miss Iliana came the same week this month - Miss Mindy got our
pouch set up so we can use it when it is nice out side - we have had
a couple of new families here to visit - Mr Tim he came too see if he
could adopt - he decided that he would wait until he did not have a
bird any more - his bird is 17 and Mr Tim thought it might be too
stressful for the bird to have a ferret in the same house with his
bird. Then there was Riley and Charlie - they brought their ferret
Friskie to see if he wanted a friend - the first day he came he was
sort of interested in a friend - the second time he was not interested
at all - mum thinks he just wants to be an only child -

Suzie Q Here: my turn do you guys remember that little girl that was
found in the dumpster last December - Miss Mindy went to get her for
mum - Miss Sheilla named her - well she did not want to be here when
she came in - mum had to fight to keep her alive - but just the other
day mum gave Luna the kitchen when she came in from work - that means
Luna got to come up to mums space as well - mum was out in the store
working for a bit - about 10 am mum started putting first shift kids
away - when mum came up to find Luna she looked in the dresser we have
to sleep in - in the bathroom - mum pulled the bottom drawer out
because Luna was not in any of the upper draws - Luna was not in or
behind the bottom drawer however mum found 7 of her socks and one of
ours was behind the bottom drawer - Luna was one busy lady in the short
time she had to be in mums space - mum calls her a little stinker -
when mum gives us one of her old socks she knots it so she knows it is
ours - if there is no knot in the sock it is one of mums - Luna does
not care who's sock it is she will steal it and stash it if she can -
we want to remind you again about
The 2011 Phoenix Ferret Symposium presented by the International
Ferret Congress (IFC) will be held June 3 - 5 at the Fiesta Resort
Conference Center  in Tempe, AZ. (http://www.fiestainnresort.com).
Mention Ferret Symposium for special rates starting at $75 per night,
taxes not included.
Go to the IFC web site for registration forms and info.
(http://www.ferretcongress.org/sym2011/default.html)
Registration deadline is May 11, 2011 so if you plan to join us please
get your registration in soon

Possum Here: But Suzie don't forget the weekend after that is our
clinic day with our favorite Doc - food - fun and the play yard will
be set up to let all the fur kids that come - hang out - that is June
11th - if you want your fur kid to see the Doc then you need to get a
registration form from mum - if you are coming just to hang out to
have some fun then no need to register - we include a dish to pass
picnic on that day - so letting mum know you are coming so she knows
how many hotdogs to have on hand would be good. There will be raffles
and Miss Lynne in Washington State has another stained glass piece for
raffle again this year - Miss Mindy has the new piece on the front of
our web site www.ferretfarm.org

All the notes are gone Suzie so I think we are done with this news this
month

We hope you are all enjoying the warmer weather
Until next month
Possum senior reporter
Suzie Q cub reporter

Newest Shelter Video