From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2011 12:56:44 +0300
HEllo FML --

Something wonderful is happening here. A Connecticut vet has offerred
us xray equipment and a microscope. NO private clinic has xray and I've
seen only one with a microscope. This donation will change vet services
in the entire area, including Addis Ababa.

Our new feret vet, Rhea, works with Born Free Ethiopia, which rescues
wildlife and is in the next town over. They have no xray, so we'll
install it here and share it with them.

Here's a page showing their recent cheetah-cub rescue from poachers.
They will melt your heart. The cubs, but not the poachers -- who
escaaped.

<http://www.bornfree.org.uk/campaigns/wildlife-rescue-centres/ethiopia/latest-rescue/>

Born Free hopes to help with the transportation cost (from Connecticut
to Ethiopia), and I'm contacting Best Friends, which has worked in
Ethiopia and gave the transportation for the equipment that Saco-Maine
vet, Sandra Mitchell, donated. Also contacting the Donkey Sanctuary.

Can you add to the fund? If you can't, can you suggest who might be
able to?

Here's the new equipment. It will transform vet capabilitiesin the
area and we expect Addis Ababa vets to use it for their knowlegeable
clients. Appreciation of animal services seems to be growing, though
slowly.

- - - -
X-Ray Equipment:

3M Asymetrix Fast Detail 14" by 17" Cassettes
Green Light Emitting Rare Earth Screens
"For use with 3M Veterinary X-Ray Film"
Quantity=4
Writing inside each individual cassette:
* 3M Asymetrix Fast Detail F 1244999110CA#9783
* 3M Asymetrix Fast Detail F 1244999110CA#9772
* 3M Asymetrix Fast Detail F 1244999110CA#9777
* 3M Asymetrix Fast Detail F 1244999110CA#9776

EXPOSURE X-Ray Sensor Cassette
Serial No. 294B
Date Manufactured: 12/1989
TMC International Cassette
Valterra 400 Green 817911

Konica Medical Film Processor
Model SRX-101A

T2Automatic X-Ray Fixer Concentrate
Catalogue #4010F
Makes 10 gallons

Red Light
Wolf X-Ray Corp

25 L Developer Tank

X-Ray Film Box
Approximately 15" wide, 20" tall, 7" long
Hangs on wall

Rarex "Optex & Rarex" 8" by 10" Econosette Cassette
107004 GR
"X-Ray Intensifying Screens"
MCI Optonix
Quantity= 12

XMA UX Blue 4/8 715109BIII w/ Blocker 8" by 10" Cassette
Dupont Cronex Intensifying Screen- Quanta Medium Detail
Quantity= 8

Blue RE 800 Speed 8" by 10" Cassette
3DPF9U
Quantity= 4