From:
Dianne Rohowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:40:39 +0800
Hi Gwen,

As usual with posts on the FML they seem to get a little out of control
along the way. We all know that if you had a cat and were thinking of
getting a bird you would be well aware of the risks and we also know
that you were only seeking advice on how to manage things if you were
to bring a bird in to live with ferrets. I didn't get the impression
that people were being harsh or judgemental in any way, but merely
trying to help you manage the two species should you decide to do so. I
love my ferrets to bits and they get along great with my dog & cat but
are not too sociable with the frogs in my garden. My friend Janet's
ferret Fatso made a lovely meal of her 12 newly purchased baby quail.
I could go on with heaps of funny & not so funny stories relating to
ferrets interacting with other animals but that would be getting
right off the track, so I only wish to apologise to all readers if
my original post was misunderstood as I was only trying to help an
"accident" not to happen 'cos then it would not be an accident.

Dianne.