Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:01:07 -0600
Renee, I would like to remember our friend Sandi Browning from Abilene,
Texas. She ran a small rescue out of her home, and saved many babies.
She watched some whose owner was deployed--and loved them like her
own, until the man returned home. Sandi was in several ferret groups,
including CarpetSharks Ink, The Royal Order of Ferrets--and the FML.
She donated to several shelters, and bought things from their
fundraisers to help the ferrets. Her babies were her top priority.

I never met Sandi face-to- face, but we emailed & spoke on the phone
often. She supported our sanctuary, & asked for advice few times when
her kids were sick. In time, we became close friends. She asked if
we would take in her furchildren in the event of her death, and we
agreed to.

Sandi died on July 3rd of this year, and her seven babies came here.
Her last wishes were to help the sanctuary she loved, and to provide
for her babies, clear through until the end of their lives. She left us
her beautiful van, with less than 18,000 miles on it, so that trips to
the vet would be easier. She enabled us to clear a $9,000 charge bill
for veterinary care & surgeries--and she provided for future sanctuary
expenses.

Sandi Browning never made the front page of the newspaper, or into
Ferrets Magazine or Ferrets USA, but she is so worth remembering. She
centered her whole life around ferrets--out of the spotlight-- and even
after death, continues to make a positive difference in their lives.

God bless you, Sandi

Love,
Zoo