From:
eri garner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2011 02:21:46 -0500
First of all, thank you to those who responded to my query.

I'll try to answer the questions that have been asked:

1. She is indeed an albino; we don't yet know if she's deaf. Plan on
checking that out tomorrow.

2. I finally just closed off the top portion of our FN cage to separate
these guys - my original three are in the bottom; she's in the top.
Only a short-term solution, as we are going to the rescue tomorrow to
get another cage so the threesome can have more room again.

3. I've been doing separate playtimes for them.

4. Talked to my friend the rescue owner again; she isn't certain what
this gal's history is. She thinks that she may have been an only
ferret, and thus isn't used to others at this point.

5. When we get the second cage, I intend to put it next to the larger
one so that everyone can see the others, and they're on the same level.
Then, my intention is to perhaps put one of them out to play with her
for a bit, see how that goes, and move slowly from there.

6. A couple of people suggested that I introduce them all to some group
activity at the same time, so that they can enjoy the activity without
realizing they're all together. I actually sort of did this; I hauled
out our homemade ferret tower and washed it carefully, then put it in
the fert room Monday. All of them enjoyed it - but my demon three kept
trapping the new girl in one tube, which of course made her scream.

7. It's almost funny how all four of them are just ridiculously
sweet...just not to her, and vice-versa. FUZZBUTTS!

I still welcome all helpful suggestions! :D

Thanks!!

~Eri in TX
With the Three Demons - Siri, Zebadiah, and Sebastian
and new girl "Valentina"

--
*I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!*

 /\_/\
(>"<)