Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 12:22:03 -0700
"Just wanted to clarify.... There are NO heartworm preventatives. Only
heartworm insecticides which kill the larvae already circulating in
the blood. When you give a dose of heartworm meds, you are killing
heartworms that are already present before they grow into the adult
heart-clogging worms. There is no medicine that PREVENTS heartworms.
The meds we have just kill the worms that are there."

I thought that in a ferret that is tested negative for heartworms,
that Revolution is actually a preventative, because it will prevent
heartworms from being able to grow up in the ferret's body for 30
days once it's given. So you are saying that it is not considered a
preventative? I'm not arguing, just trying to understand. You are
absolutely right - no ferret should be given meds without being
tested first, which is a simple test to do at the vet.