Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:35:13 -0400
Dear Saraferret,

I know you must be so very busy now, but we..I..have lost a dear,
special ferret. "Bawls" came into our shelter system 06/2005...he
was turned into Nancy Clarke, our deaf volunteer who lost her second
round w/ horrible cancer on 11/19/2006. Rascal & Bandit were turned in
because their mom, a nurse at MCV Hospital, were Nancy was treated,
this owner was killed in a jet ski accident. Nancy had always said
that if she made it out of MCV she would love to have Rascal & Bandit
back....I still have Bandit, who has 3 other cage mates... and 2 other
of Nancy's ferrets. Rascal...AKA "Bawls"was eventually renamed such
because he was a beautiful silver mitt..of course, with time, he became
a DEW. He survived over 3 years w/adrenal cancer...due to his age he
was not a good surgery candidate... he received 2 Lupron injections,
500mcg...one in Nov.2009 & a 2nd in 11/2010. He was at the annual Pet
Expo for his 5th appearance this past 02/19/2011..and finally passed
away quickly in my arms on 03/28/2011. He is buried here at my home,
and he loved ferretone..and people. He truly had the biggest
personality I'd ever seen in over 2,000 ferrets...I used to whisper
"he's my favorite"so the other ferrets would never hear and have
their feelings hurt.

Bawls became Bawls during one Christmas when I would sing "Silver
Bells" to him.. this morphed into Silver Balls...then just Bawls. He
could fly over any barrier I tried to put up, and he was a free roam
for several years. He ALWAYS greeted any new guest who came into the
house. I so miss his beautiful wide, white face with huge black eyes
and a big black nose. I know he has many other friends at the bridge,
but please watch out for him and tell him Marlene wishes he is happy.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Marlene Blackburn
Director