From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Apr 2011 23:48:09 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was playing badminton with
de kits. She was having so much fun. Serena batted the birdie to her
and for once she got it batted perfectly back to her. Then she felt
someone touching her shoulder and she turned to see Mimi, the little
girl courier with a note in her paw. Of course, she knew the game was
over then and the birdie just went on by. The kits just picked up the
things and birdies and went on home. Mimi said,

"Sorry to interrupt your game, SaraFerret. But a ferret is crossing the
Bridge and her parents have requested that you greet her. I stopped by
her family cottage and told them about it. I hope you don't mind. You
have greeted a number of the family. I know where you usually want
them"

She gave me the note and flew off. I read it and headed for the
entrance. I thought I would be late as usual. Geesh!!!! I have got to
get myself in gear. But I saw she had just got there! A tiny little
fuzzy girl. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter." At that moment I was
booted off my feet by a boy fuzzy, who rushed up to her. "Lily", he
exclaimed. "Remember me! I'm Digger. It's great to see you. This is the
Rainbow Bridge. You will have a great time here. You is gonna get
beautiful wings and you is gonna meet the rest of the group. And trust
me you is not gonna hurt anymore." Then he noticed me. "Oh-oh! I didn't
mean to knock you over, SaraFerret. I guess I kinda got excited seeing
Lily and took over your job. I hope I didn't hurt you."

I replied, "It's ok, Digger. I don't hurt any place. It was a bit of a
shock. But you did a fine job greeting Lily. By the way Lily, who are
your parents?"

She replied, "Its nice to be able to say something for once. My Mommy
Crystal and Daddy Jim told me all about the Bridge. I was hurting
something bad, so I guess it was time to leave my home and come here.
I don't seem to hurt anymore, so I guess they were right. Now when do
I get my wings?

I said, "Lily, I see that your Daddy and Mommy used to call you
Half-Pint or HP cause you were so tiny. So if you will follow me, we
will get you fix up with wings so you can fly about the heavens."

We went down the garden path to the Wing House and opened the door.
(did I mention that I felt that I was not in control of this greeting
and that Digger was gonna handle everything). On the counter was a big
box marked "HP" Digger said, "See, whadd'ya I tell ya? Now run and open
it." So she took out the wings--bright blue with silver streaks; ah but
these were smaller than the average because HP was smaller than the
average fuzzy. And these wings sparkled. Digger helped her put on the
wings and then he adjusted her halo. (Me? I just stood there.) Then
she ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection. Then she
turned to me and said, "Gee I wish Mommy and Daddy could see me now."
Then I gots an idea. Digger opened the door and we left there.

Our trio went down the path to the Misting Pond. We sat down beside
the cool clear water and with one swish we saw the vision of Mommy
and Daddy appear. Mommy had tears in her eyes. HP got so excited she
started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you both so much. Thank you for loving me. Mommy, thank you
for being with me. Please don't be sad. It was best that I leave you.
You were so good to me. I am glad that I got to live with you. I has
beautiful wings now and they sparkle and soon I will be able to fly.
Oh yes, I feel lots better. Digger is here with me and soon I will
meet the rest of the group."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you
should read this it should have landed there. And with another swish
the vision was gone.

So we left there and went down the road to their cottage and what a
surprise HP got. There was a big party in progress and a group of
fuzzies who came out to meet her. Each introduced themselves: Linus,
Rustle, Seth, Bear, Maggie, Sophie, and Oliver, and so many more. The
food was really amazing. They truly had outdone themselves. Then HP
heard the music start and she started dancing. She grabbed me and
twirled me around. I guess she thought I needed to dance too. Then she
danced with Digger. That girl was a dancing fool. We danced till we
were worn out. Then we ate. I must confess I ate my share and then
some. It started to get late and I knew I had the kits at home. So I
said my good-byes and gave HP a hug.

On my way home, I had to laugh at the way Digger had taken over my
greeting. Hey whatever works.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret,
bridgegreeter