From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:12:00 -0700
In yesterday's FML, a poster said:
>I still tend to think of new-style and old-style Marshall ferrets.
>The old ones were skinny, jolly and lively. The new ones are dear, but
>very different -- at least mine are -- bulkier, slower, less playful
>and less interested in interacting with people."

I've often wondered if anyone else thought of MF's "new style" of
ferrets as toally different. I rescued one of these guys in 2006, and
it was a total shock. At the time, I had the tiniest MF albino female,
and really worried he could hurt her. But he was so laid-back, it was
never an issue.

I now have two this style, one born in 2005, one in 2010. I also
have one of the "old" style born in 2006. The older bulky guy is the
healthiest ferret I've ever owned (I've had ferrets since 1994, and
all have been MF). I'm hoping the new little girl will be the same.

As for personality, I would definitely say "bulkier" is accurate.
Laid-back is my term. They both play (wardance, do "threatening ferret"
to each other, explore, play in tubes, ask for carpet rides). They both
LOVE to be held - more than any of my other ferrets ever did. So, some
difference, but not major. They will both seek me out, but they also
seek each other (and their brother) to wrestle and chase.

Any other comments from people with experience on the difference and
similarities would be nice. :)

Debbie