From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 21:49:23 -0700
Did you catch the IFC post yesterday about the research funding?

Most of you know I am quite the fan of Des implants and Doc Wagner's
work. The Des Implant study is on going, the GnRH vaccine study is
also ongoing, (a vaccine is for the prevention and treatment of ACD.)
He completed his Canine Distemper Virus vaccine titer study. (Ferrets
do not appear to need to be vaccinated against CDV yearly.)

Doc Wagner has three more projects he is working on or gearing up to
work on for ferrets that need funding. They include; further test
development for hypothyroid testing in ferrets (apparently there are
too many fat ferrets out there), Evaluating Thymidine Kinase (TK)
activity in ferrets with known lymphosarcoma (LSA) with different types
or clinical stages and compare to known healthy ferrets, and more work
on insulinoma. Arginine Stiumation testing with a given protocol which
should be useful in confirming a diagnosis of Insulinoma in ferrets.
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) implants are expensive but would be
an excellent method of testing ferret's to determine glucose curves in
insulinomic and normal ferrets.

Has your ferret benefited from any of this work? The Des implant
perhaps? I will match donations made to the IFC designated to Dr.
Wagner over the next two weeks (4/21/2011), up to $100.00 dollars.
I have invested in 16 implants for my private ferrets from Septemebr
2008 to date. Our success rate has been phenomenal and the money saved
significant.

It would take only twenty people to donate $5.00, or ten people to
donate $10.00, or four people to donate $25.00. Your $100 plus my
$100 is $200 with the IFC matching this we now have $400.00 for this
research.

Here is the info to send your donation from Sharon's post of
04/05/2011. Feel free to cross post this challenge: You may write your
check and designate it for the vet of your choice or split the amount
between the two. The IFC will match donations collected up to a total
of $1500!

Please make checks payable to the International Ferret Congress (IFC)
and mail to:

Sharon Bearden, IFC
1245 Curtis Switch Rd
Mineral Bluff, GA 30559

Or you can use Paypal and pay to [log in to unmask]

Please note how you would like your donation to be applied. Also,
please include how you would like your listing on the donors' page
to appear. You can have either your name, a family member or friend
listed, or the name of a beloved furkid or human listed as a memorial
to him or her.

Although donations will be accepted until May 30, the deadline to
receive a listing in the program is April 30.

Thank you and please email me with any questions,
Sharon Bearden, IFC
Fundraising Coordinator

The IFC is an 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Donation receipts will
be issued and your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent
of the law.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3