From:
Scott Sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2011 11:12:58 -0700
Saraferret, This is a special request for you and the other Bridge
Greeters!!!

It has taken us days to even be able to make this request to you.our
dearest little DEW girl, Williwaw, less than a year old, has been taken
away from us by a tragic accident. In the 19 years we have been owned
by ferrets, this is the first accidental loss we have suffered and it
has been traumatic beyond words. Somehow, the drop in lexan barrier
between rooms came loose and she was able to force it open and as she
passed through it fell on her and she died almost immediately, leaving
us so suddenly for the bridge. How do you deal with such a tragedy? Our
hearts were ripped out.

Willi was the closest companion to our other young DEW boy, Chubasco
and he has been continually searching for her for days. they were so
bonded it is heartbreaking to watch him go to all their haunts to find
her. When he cannot, he gives up and speed bumps on the floor obviously
distraught. We immediately picked up a rescue little boy and named him
Spinner. same age range for Chuey. since all our others are elderly.
something we normally would not do, but in this case we felt it
appropriate and they are beginning the long road to bonding and are now
wrestling and playing with each other. We know that we cannot replace
Willi, but, in time Chuey will have a new life buddy.

Willi came to us as a rescue from a pet shop that severely mistreated
her keeping her alone in a cage meant for dogs and cats. wide expanded
metal mesh flooring that her tiny feet would slip through. She was a
nipper and had not been handled and socialized in any way. we found her
hiding in a chewed up fun sack, covered with her own poop. Getting her
home saved her life and soon she had recovered from her ordeal and was
a dancing, barking, happy little girl. I called her my "nibbler" as
she would faux bite my ears and legs and ankles. more a grooming than
anything else and so gentle. She followed me everywhere and was the
first to greet me every morning when I came into the room. She begged
to be picked up and tucked her head into my arms.giving little ferret
kisses with her soft pink tongue. While she was deaf, she always knew
when I was coming into the room! What a special little ferret she was
and we will never, ever forget her.

Please make sure she gets a warm and loving welcome as she reaches the
other side of the bridge to play in the tall summer grass forever with
all our furkids including ABBA(the dancing queen), Beeper, Bopper,
Clyde, Casio, Flower, Blizzard, Bubba, Bodie, BonBon, Brando, Bisbee
and of course the newest arrival and her pal..Gigi.

Godspeed little girl, we all have a huge hole in our hearts and you
will never be forgotten..EVER!

Putorius, mom and Chubasco (SPOT), Geronimo, Buddy, Woozel, Rascal and
Spinner