From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:56:52 -0700
I got my latest issue yesterday of the Arizona Wildlife Views, the
bi-monthly magazine of the Arizona Game and Fish Department. And WOW,
there is a feature article about the success of the black-footed ferret
reintroduction program. Really the article is about the Heritage Fund
that has helped pay for the program, and that is largely funded by the
lottery. It is a nice article with great photos. One thing explained in
the article is that the ferrets are counted by volunteers who go out
twice a year to spotlight the critters. The reintroduction site is in
the Aubrey Valley (west of Flagstaff in the northwest section of the
state.) They have been relatively successful there and the latest count
was 96 in this one area.

I don't know if one can get an extra copy of the magazine but you could
call or write Game and Fish to ask. The website is
www.azgfd.gov/magazine or call 1-800-777-0015.

I could scan the article, too and email it to those interested. Just
let me know and I'll zap it to you. Send your request to me at

See you in June at the Symposium!

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ