From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1993 01:03:38 -0500
A few hours ago I posted a note saying that a 1.5 pound ferret needs
around 75 Kcal daily ( >100 under stress).  Although this is roughly
how the AMC saw it, and roughly what you get when you plug numbers
into a crude formula to calculate caloric requirements, the Fox book
has considerably higher numbers - nearly twice as much!  I don't know
which numbers are correct - perhaps Fox was calculating requirements
during activity? (I doubt it) - so just keep in mind that the numbers
I gave might actually be on the low side.  So, if you wanna fatten up
your ferret, perhaps you'll have to work even harder at it now.

Bill