From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 14:16:51 -0800
Five horses seized from abusive/neglectful owner. Four pulled by
Rescues, one left behind to suffer.

Read the story here:
<http://lufkindailynews.com/news/local/article_e21f98e4-1b97-11e0-bc62-001cc4c03286.html>
Habitat For Horses stepped up to help Papito (aka: Luvkin) but like so
many Rescuers today, they need donations to help pay for his surgery
and aftercare. To make a donation: PayPal on habitatforhorses.org
website (click the "Donate Now" button - put "Paint Horse Surgery Fund"
in the notes or email us ([log in to unmask]) to let us know
they just made a donation for him and we will allocate it accordingly :)

We can run credit cards over the phone (409.935.0277) He is at Elgin
Vet Hospital: 512.285.3395. He is under the care of Dr. Underwood. I
would like if you could let us know about direct payments to the vet
so we can keep track of it, but it would be better to pay us if you
want the tax deduction!

The story is on the homepage of our website (www.habitatforhorses.org)
 ...thanks so much :) Let me know if you have any questions!

Mechelle R. Fisher
www.habitatforhorses.org
409.935.0277

Elgin Vet Hospital did Papito's survery on Monday and it all went very
well :)  He is resting comfortably in his stall and expected to make a
full recovery (though will never be rideable again...) WE NEED
DONATIONS TO HELP PAY FOR HIS SURGERY :)

We are renaming him LUVKIN!

Vicki Montgomery

[Moderator's note: Posting this because it's a specific case important
to a subscriber. While general "random" non-ferret rescue posts can't
be posted, occasionally, short posts like this which have a particular
meaning for a subscriber can be accepted as space permits. BIG]