From:
Bonnie Tormohlen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2011 06:20:14 -0800
Regarding pressure cooking meats. It is very important that you contact
your local county extension office to find out how long to cook and
at what pressure. Cooking times and pressure vary according to your
elevation. And when canning your meats, you may need to do some
pre-cooking.

I have been canning meat for my ferrets for about 2 years now. They
love it. I process the meat until smooth and with pressure canning,
any bones are cooked to a safe, soft (calcium) consistency.

Bonnie Tormohlen/Director

California Domestic Ferret Educational Alliance
Northern Arizona Ferret Alliance & Rescue, Inc