From:
Gerald Eiden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:40:06 -0500
Just another idea for those making ferret bedding. We found that many
second hand stores get many linen and other cloth items that cannot be
resold. We have a second hand store saving items for us that we use for
cage blankets and the such. All it takes is the asking if they would
save the blankets, table cloths for you and give you a call when they
have a few bags of unsellable items. A donation of a few dollars for
each bag will warm their hearts and result in many useful items for
cage floor blankets and material for hammocks, ramp covers, or floor
covers in corners under litter pans if you sew. Just be careful to
choose tightly woven material for whatever you use for the ferrets.
They tend to get their claws caught in loosly woven material like
thermal blankets and such if you don't trim nails on a regular basis.

A helpful hint for use of corner protection in the home is to use
velcro clousure on one side of the corner protector and insert a puppy
training pad inside to catch the urine from soaking through. Also can
make protection pads for in front of the favorite doors ferrets like
to leave "gifts" in front of, like the front door or bedroom door.

Just my thoughts on ferret bedding and sources for free or almost free
material.

gerald and a dozen Hoodlum ferrets.