From:
sue thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 2010 14:05:46 -0500
 To: Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]

I'm not sure of how you read my email. I didn't say that I recommend it
for people to feed to their ferrets. Never said that once. It's a last
resort in case you run out. I don't feed it to mine often,, nor do I
put much in the mix when I do. Also, if you think that all people who
adopt ferrets, buy all of what we usually do which is very expensive,
think again, they might in the beginning, but most slack off and buy
junk food, which is the ferret mixture sold in wal-mart, I can't
remember the brand, but it's absolutely the worst. Or they buy the
crappy cat foods which most have red dye in them. Foods I wouldn't
feed to my own cats.

And when I order food, it's Wysong. I do go to pet stores the next
town over, and I DON'T usually run out of ferret food, I only have 7
ferrets. All 7 are elderly and 7-9 years old. So What little I put in
there (which is sort of more like a treat for them, occasionally),
certainly hasn't shortened their life span.

I was simply saying, there are worse foods out there for ferrets,
Purina Kitten Chow isn't the worst. And I don't believe you should feed
your ferrets only one food, no matter what it is, a little variety is
better.

Please don't read something in an email that isn't there. Believe me, I
agree that they should be fed the better ferret foods of which I like
wysong and totally ferret myself.

Happy Holidays