Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:53:55 -0800
Mufassa is looking like a new ferret. Bouncing, dancing, and jumping.
We have two Ferret Nation Cages and he was under one laying on his
back pulling himself around by walking on the cage bottom above him.

He looked so good I elected to wait on going to the vet until I wean
off the pred so our vet can get a good look at him without the pred.

I did call our vet and discussed his symptoms (same ones I posted
yesterday). He said it really sounded like it was a seizure. He didn't
think it was an ear infection because it didn't continue more than a
couple hours. He said that he could refer him to another vet to do a
work up for his seizure but that would run around $3,000.00. We just
can't afford that, I would like to but we can't. Especially since there
is no guarantee that they would find anything or that if the did find
something that it could be treated.

I did forget to ask what we could do for him without the work up? He
looks good (although he did have a couple brief moments that he looked
odd but that may be due to me looking too close and with a overly
critical eye.

If it is seizures then there has to be a cause. He is 7 years old and
hasn't had any problems like this before. Things that come to mind when
I think seizure would be some type of tumor, or lymphoma (another
reason to wait to see the vet because pred can shrink lymph nodes and
mask problems). Lymphoma can be treated with pred but I don't know what
else can cause this. I don't know what to expect.

I figure that things will start to get worse for him. I don't want him
to suffer and I don't want to cut his life any shorter than necessary.

Has anyone dealt with this kind of thing before and can you share what
happened with your fuzzy, what to watch out for or to work on. One
lesson I learned is not to leave him on the counter unless I'm right
there next to him. I don't want him to fall again and get hurt.

Thank you

Mike