From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:08:15 -0500
As the winter settles in, the past 8 days have been sad ones for the
family FerretWise. last week on Weds, the day before Thanksgiving, as
Mom was undergoing surgery, Barn-y gave up his fight with cancer.

Yesterday we lost another old friend JJ. Jerimiah Junior- the little
ferret found wandering the streets of Boston, deaf and all alone.

Greg has written a wonderful tribute to JJ I would like to share...

A legend passes at the Funhouse

Today, a Ferretwise and Ferretfunhouse legendary ferret passed away.
JJ, ( Jerimiah Junior ), passed away quietly this afternoon, finally
succumbing to the lymphoma that had been troubling him. He is now
playing with his good buddy Austin who was waiting for him.

JJ was one of the best little guys that has resided here, not to say
that I don't love all the little guys that stay here, but JJ had such a
fun personality. He loved to be held and was always ready to play. He
was one of the stars of our trips into the Boston Children s Museum
along with his buddy Austin. He went in every year except this past
spring, when I thought it would be too exhausting for him. I almost
brought him anyhow, because when I went in to get Picasso and Darkstar,
JJ came out doing the happiest war dance! But I left him home to rest.

JJ pretty much only got along with Austin and would snap at anybody
else. I tried a few times to get him a new roommate with no luck, until
Picasso came along. They just hit it off and were roomies til the end.
I believe Picasso gave JJ an extra year from the companionship. Well,
that is all I have to say, we're gonna miss you buddy. Have fun
playing!

More of Greg's accounts with the FerretWise Funhouse gang can be
viewed at:
http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/

We send our deepest condolences along to our hospice Dad who is a
true blessing to these little lost souls, and share his great loss.

Alicia, shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org