Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:32:56 -0500
Happy Ferret Kisses to all of you!!

Regarding possible fraud of several people involving the Tree:

Over the many years that I have been on this planet, I have found that
people that are honorable and devoted have been falsely accused. And I
have seen people commiting fraud in polite ferret society.

What I have done is to e-mail the publication, shelter, or individual,
or organization first. I politely wait a week or two. I will write
again if I get no response. I will try another email. I wait. I may get
a written response, and then wait to see if there is follow through. I
STRONGLY believe that there must be accountability in the ferret
community.

I have sent certified letters on 4 different occasions. I try
everything I can FIRST....before posting on the FML. I have literally
tried to bring several organizations to be accountable for up to two
years. I still have a packet of copies of emails and snail mail from
correspondence with an organization from about 5 years ago.

I give the individual or organization multiple chances to do right, or
to at least be honest on the FML... before I post. There is no excuse
for fraud.

I think that if one knows of a person or group that is pretending to
be a ferret shelter, it might be best to email S.O.S. as a first step.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Let us not have any names here until the facts are in., please. A most
excellent ferret shelter was falsely accused of hoarding by several key
people in ferret society. One person had actually been to the shelter
and seen how magnificent it was.

I will never pretend to understand people. But, I can suggest that one
contact S.O.S. to let them know of possible fraudulent activity of
people pretending to be shelters on the Giving Tree. Give people time
to respond. Remember that it is the holidays and that the folk at SOS
volunteer their time.

Perhaps SOS will let us know of any decisions or changes or actions. I
believe they decide who is a valid shelter?? I could very well be wrong
about that. I am merely guessing at that.

Thank you for reading my thoughts. Please chime in with any corrections
Best wishes of health to our delicate tea cup peoples.

Lisette