Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2010 14:12:13 EST
From:
To My Email List, Prayer Groups & Ferret Friends,

This has been a really frustrating weekend & today doesn't look much
better. My Dear Friend Renee who is just like a daughter to me was on
her way Friday evening to the York Ferret Show when Renee realized
Tipsy wasn't acting up from time to time in his cage. Renee looked in
the back seat & saw Tipsy was just laying very still which wasn't like
him. She opened his cage & took him out. She thought he was dead. She
cuddled him while she called Mary. Renee told Mary how Tipsy was acting
and Mary told Renee what Vet she could take Tipsy to when she got
there.

Renee was really worried they were still 2 hours away from York.
Finally when they got there Renee took him to the vets. She waited 4
hours before they finally saw him.

When they checked his PVC it was only 7 by all odds that means dead
Ferret. Tipsy needed a transfusion and he got it from one of GFX
Ferret's. Eventually Tipsy needed another transfusion and he got it I
am not sure whose ferret gave blood to him though sorry. There is one
thing about Ferret People they rally around when they are needed & so
our sweet Tipsy had another transfusion. His third transfusion came
from Mary's ferret. Tipsy still wasn't doing good & Renee wasn't either
she was so worried. This was on Saturday it was touch & go with him.

On Sunday they said he needed another transfusion so Renee & Mary
talked & they decided it would be best if Mary took Tipsy home with her
since Mary could take better care of him right now because of vet care.
Locally we do not have a Ferret Vet other than Dr Wagner who is in
Pittsburgh. He is only at North Boros one night a week Tuesday evening
and if Tipsy would need surgery Dr. Wagner couldn't do it because he
broke his hand.

Sunday Renee & Mary said goodbye & both left for home Mary with Tipsy &
Erin & Renee left of course Renee was very sad seeing her Tipsy going
home with someone else even though she knew it was for the best.

Mary works for a good Ferret Vet so Sunday when Mary got home she took
Tipsy to her Vet where he had his third transfusion. Later that day
Tipsy had another Blood Transfusions making a total of 4.

Mary was able to get him to eat some baby chicken soup. Renee talked
to Mary last night around 12:30 am. Mary told Renee that Tipsy ate
some more baby chicken & he ate a mouse which is a good sign.

Mary also told Renee that since Tipsy didn't like other ferrets that
it would be nice to have a picture of Tipsy with another ferret. Mary
put Tipsy on top of Charlie it didn't take long & Tipsy was sniffing
Charlie when all of a sudden Tipsy grabbed Charlie by the ear. To us
that really know Tipsy think this is a good sign on his part of course
I'm sure Charlie didn't think it was funny even though we did.

So far today I don't know any more except Tipsy seems to be stable but
still critical His PVC is now at 11 which is better than 7 but not good
enough it should be at 50.

Renee told me that the Vet is thinking he doesn't have a stomach
ulcer & is hoping it isn't in his intestine. I didn't think of it
until now this ulcer may not be showing up because we are all praying
for a total healing & the LORD healed him. I pray OH LORD let it be
so & we thank You for Tipsy getting better.

Renee is home she didn't work today so I am sure she will probably
update on Face Book and some of the ferret groups she is on. So I ask
you all to please keep Tipsy in your Prayers for total healing also
please keep Renee in your prayers it is hard on her knowing Tipsy isn't
home with her & that even though it is best he is 3 & 1/2 hours away
from home. Thank you all for your support & Prayers.

God Bless You All

Hugs, Love & Prayers to All

Helen