From:
Alicia Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:38:36 -0500
Here it is January 2011! Where does time fly? Our 3 angel ferrets have
returned form the cremation process, and slowly our Elric FerretWise is
adapting to the loss of his friends. He still refuses n bones, and does
not play, he eats a lot of turkey baby food after morning soup but will
sleep with the abandoned ferret Foxey at night. Some grieving processes
take longer than others.. Reluctantly I have tried to wash bedding,
hidee spots, etc., to remove the scent of Blossom & Barney & Destiny
to make the transition quicker.

We want to say a HUGE Thank you to Santas who sent our kids gifts,
treats, food and $$ at Totally Ferret. Also a huge thank you to the
friend who requested a Deva gift box with fun rattly eggs and human
treats as well. It certainly added some cheer to our dismal Holiday
season after loosing so many ferrets in such a short time. We were very
happy to be able to reunite the stray albino family with his family
before the holiday and pray his adventures are on hold until warmer
weather as we are in the midst of cold temps and a lot of ice at this
time.

I would like to express my sincere appreciation to our hospice Team,
Marilyn, Greg, Maurice, Skyla and former hospice Mom Judy. They allow
us to make a difference for many little lives with their loving care.
We look forward to cntinue making a difference for ferrets by working
with humane officials, providing triage assitance, education, and
limited hospice care for ferrets in 2011. It will be 16 years on Jan
5th that Ferret Wise was an official rescue facility and we certainly
could not have lasted this long without the support, volunteers and
patrons that have supported us along the way.

Happy Nrew Year to you ALL. Do something SPECIAL for a Ferret Today and
help us Celebrate this milestone!!!

Fondly in ferrets,
Alicia at www.ferretwise.org