From:
Amanda Riddlebaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 2010 04:09:45 -0500
So I was feeding Kaytee Ferret Forti Diet to my fuzzies for the longest
time since it was the best food I could buy in town. While taking one
of my ferrets to the vet though, my vet told me to stop feeding the
Kaytee because it was not a good food for ferrets. I did so, and upon
doing more research I notice it really wasn't a good food and I was
being ripped off.

I then started ordering food online, and I'm very happy because I
actually save money! After hearing so much praise for the Evo ferret
food I decided I'd start feeding it to my ferrets. I mixed what was
left of my Kaytee food to help them switch for 2 weeks and stopped
when there was no more Kaytee left. Now I just feed Evo.

They've looked great after switching to Evo. Their coats are softer,
they smell less, they're more active and seem to enjoy the food more.
I'm very pleased with the results but I do have one problem.

My 11 week old baby started looking bloated and was having watery
stools. I suspected maybe parasites. I know parasites usually aren't a
problem for ferrets but he did come from the nasty Marshall Farms, and
was at Petco, so there was a chance he could have been exposed to them.
Seeing as he needed distemper shot anyways I took him to the vet and
took my female along for an examination as well. My vet said the 11
week old was gassy, and with him being young he was more vulnerable to
parasites. He did a fecal examination to see what the problem could be.
He claimed there are no parasites but there is too much bacteria in the
feces, I will speak with him tomorrow about this because there could be
multiple causes of course. My female's stools are watery too and many
reviews on Evo report this as well. I will start mixing in Zupreem to
see if there is any improvement. Why does Evo make stools so watery? Is
it really as good of a food as people say it is? After these problems
I‘m not as interested in feeding them this food anymore... I may
bring it up to my vet to see if Evo is really the best dry food out
there. With my baby still being interested in trying new foods I may
try to give him a raw chicken wing every now and then to see if this
helps. Of course I can't feed raw because my family wouldn't appreciate
the extra mess it takes to make the fuzzies raw dinners.

Please email me your opinions or experiences feeding Evo ferret food.

Thanks!

-Amanda and her two fuzzies <3
Merry Christmas!