From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 23:04:36 EST
Big fluffy gorgeous Max was running around playing and just stopped.
Less than 5 minutes later he died in my arms. Heart? Stroke? I don't
know. The only thing I know is that my heart is breaking. He was one of
the "truckbed twosome" and along with Isabella traveled for hours in
the back of a truck inside a filthy carrier with no food or water. Four
thirsty dogs were with them too. Max leaves 8 friends including Parker,
the latest "park kid", who decided that Max's group was the friendliest
and joined it. The hardest hit seems to be Precious the other "park
kid". She's just a baby and wants Max to come play with her. Hero
simply laid on top of Max trying to keep him warm. Max will stay in
with his friends tonight including Tigger and Travis (the shelter
kids), and Cutie Pootie and Moxie (the teenager's throwaway kids), so
they can grieve and then he will be buried tomorrow close to Daisy,
his other cagemate that died a little bit ago.

This Max is my second Max. The first Max came from the OR Ferret
Shelter many years ago and also stole my heart in the very short time
he was here. Adopting oldies all the time, you would think I would get
used to this but I never do. Each loss hurts as much as all the others
before them.

Today would have been my 25th wedding anniversary if my husband had
lived another 2 months. Tomorrow the US Coast Guard takes his ashes
out to sea.

Nancy and her 20 missing Max so very much