From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 20:58:49 -0800
Dear FML Family:

I need help your help. Over the past couple years I have become
familiar with FACT (Ferret Association of Connecticut) run by Vanessa
and Ann Gruden. As you probably read this week there was a hoarder
situation that involved 40+ animals. Several of those were ferrets.
FACT has moved swiftly to be there to provide their experience in
helping the ferrets. Ann will update us through the FML with additional
details.

My request is for members of the ferret community to please take
the time to send a thank you card to the Animal Control Officer of
Montville who moved on this case and gave as much help as possible
and quickly to the animals in need. Ann says the "hoarder" will be
prosecuted. She also said the prosecutor allowed the animals to go to
foster homes and other shelters to get immediate care instead of being
held as evidence. If you could express your appreciation for the good
work here and mention how pleased you were they worked with FACT and
other shelters to gain the best help with the ferrets and other animals
it would help tremendously in building stronger bridges for future
relationships and situations such as this. Law enforcement of any kind
is often a thankless job (I am married to a 34 yer veteran of law
enforcement - I know first hand...) It does have rewarding moments, but
it is all too often also a heart breaking job, even when you are doing
the best for the animals (or humans). Please send a letter of kindness
and appreciation either from yourselves or from your ferrets to: Chris
(female.) and her colleagues. I know it would mean the world to Ann and
Vanessa as well. We all gotta stick together!

Chris Martel
Animal Control Officer
225 Maple Avenue
Uncasville, CT 06382