From:
Pam Pillars <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2010 03:59:19 -0800
I have a problem with my ferret, Bear, biting me. His biting is not out
of anger and not in a mean way, but more of a playful come play with me
way. He will seek me out and attack me. He will go after my husband,
but only after he has come after me and I push him away numerous times.
He however does not seek out my husband like he does me. It seems like
he see's me as an over grown ferret. I have tried putting lotions that
smell bad on my feet, wearing socks all the time, and wearing slippers
or shoes when Bear is out playing. It does not stop him. He will just
go above the shoe. It all started just at my feet. Now he will bite me
on my legs, arms, anything he can reach. He does not bite me when I am
holding him though. Just when he is down running around playing. I've
also noticed that he will normally only come after me if he can not
find one of his cage mates to play with. My husband keeps telling me
Bear just wants to play with me, but I can't play with him all the
time. He will even ambush me when I am doing the dishes. He has bruised
my feet and they are full of scars from him biting me. I don't know
what else to do. Any suggestions???? HELP my feet can't take any more.

Pam & Doug
Bear, Munchy, Stormy, and Skittles