Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:20:16 EDT
I really want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for raising
money for the Prairie Wildlife Fund for Black Footed Ferrets which
takes place Sunday October 31st at 3:00 PM EST. Donations are STILL
being accepted! But my thanks do not stop there. Let's start at the
beginning: Alexandra thanks for 'starting it all', Wolfy - thanks for
taking it to the next level... Linda - thanks for being such a good
sport and most importantly thanks to everyone that made this possible
by raising almost $900 for the black footed ferrets. As usual - my
wife and I went a 'bit' overboard. We offered chocolate to Linda but
really... that wasn't enough. I called many chocolatiers looking for
one that would make dark chocolate covered strawberries with no avail
(oh well) but I WILL still have her dark chocolate AND chocolate
covered strawberries. We went a little further and promised a webcam.
I knew NOTHING about webcams until I did this. This will be shown live
on ustream.tv using the key search term ferrets214 for your viewing
pleasure. If ANYONE has issues please email me and we will do whatever
we can to try to fix things. Also worth note: We will record the event
to re-broadcast. If I can figure out how - we will post this to
YouTube. You people do realize that this eliminates me from ever
running for President. Oh well. It is, after all, for the ferrets.

Dave R.

[Posted in FML 6867]

=========================================================================Date:    Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:29:37 -0400
From:    Brenda Steinfurth <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Ferret Sighting!!

*Last night (Friday) Craig Ferguson was doing a Halloween oriented
show, well kind of, I guess. Anyway, he was talking about he doesn't
like to get dressed up in a costume, but went on to say how he enjoys
dressing up his ferrets!! There was a picture of him holding at least 3
ferts dressed in costumes, maybe more. I didn't have my glasses on and
had just started to drift off to sleep when hearing "ferrets" jolted me
awake! I'm assuming he is aware of them being illegal in California....
I'm gonna go do some fertie digging on the net to see if I can find any
more pics of him and his fuzzies.*