From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 22:23:12 -0500
I met with the ACO on this case today and FACT took 7 of the ferrets
out of the 16 (corrected number) survivors. As indicated in yesterday's
post, 2 went to Connecticut Humane in Quaker Hill, CT, and 4 went to a
shoreline humane organization (sorry, the name escapes me at the
moment). Montville will hold onto 3 to adopt out as the the press
surrounding the seizure is just breaking and she has received several
promising calls. With the majority in other shelters (along with the
snakes, lizards, rat, guinea pig, dog, several cats, and a number of
fish spoken for already by either shelters or adopters), she felt
confident that she can place these 3 younger kids, but knows we are
available as a fail-safe.

The shelter is a bit drafty, but with just 3 in a single cage, they
are in a cozy, protected and more importantly, warm spot. She's done a
great job with them all!

Most are all older ferrets - 3 years and up. One needs vet attention
for what feels like a large belly mass and she will be seeing our
shelter vet asap. :( Clearly they didn't get much exercise based on
their muscle tone. 3 are staying with me, and they have been making up
for lost time. :)

The 3 apt house has been condemned due to conditions. The hoarder is
being prosecuted. The investigation into how this went on for so long
continues.

You can see a brief video report here: http://www.norwichbulletin.com/
on the front page. If it's off the front page when you check it out,
just search hoarding.

Ann Gruden
Ferret Assn of CT