From:
Nancy Busso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2011 22:59:32 EST
Yesterday Dix decided that life was not worth living without her
longtime friend Lily, who left for the Rainbow Bridge last Wed. She
just stopped everything and waited to die. I took her to the vet this
morning. She had been in the same position for over 24 hours not
moving....just waiting. I had expected her to die long ago because of
her adrenal issues and insulinoma but she still toddled around and ate
with relish until Lily left. Now there is only poor Dax left from the
group, all alone. She has many neighbors but only plays withTyki from
another group, rejecting all others. I am worried about her. She has
lymphoma and will most likely be leaving to join her friends very soon.

Dix came to me when an older couple from another town went to my vet
"looking for the ferret lady" they had heard about. They told me they
loved her but had no time for her now that they were retired.....HUH?

I had the pleasure of caring for Dix another 2+ years. She was a sweet
ferret with a ridiculous name that I changed to Dix because she came to
me within seconds of when Dax was left here by her owner. Dax came with
a huge cage and Dix came in a tiny one so Dix joined Dax on the day
they arrived together and became fast friends.

Nancy and her 17 in Oregon missing sweet Dix