From:
Anita Hermes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:16:59 -0800
I was planning on using this service to help my father be reunited with
his dog, but am grateful that I found this article from the local news.
Hopefully, the AVID microchip (with God's help) will reunite them soon.
Missing Pet Owners Beware

>...From the Craig's List ad, she was contacted by a couple of
>different companies that said they could help her find her cat.
>
>One was Amber Pet Alert, which has the amberpetalert.com web site. She
>says she was told for $49.95 that they would send fliers with Willa
>Bella's picture to veterinarian offices, animal shelters, pet stores
>and other organizations within a 50 mile radius of her home.
>
>Delores signed up, but soon grew suspicious when she didn't see the
>fliers at local vet offices or pet stores....

[Moderator's note:: Complete story at:
http://www.ktla.com/news/extras/ktla-missing-pets,0,600340.story
Just an excerpt was posted here due to copyright rules. BIG]