From:
belphebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:03:04 -0800
I will assume that the person that asked the question about Purina cat
food lives in an FFZ since they posted anonymously. Based on that
assumption, I assume they are unwilling or unable to buy ferret food
because they don't want to draw attention to themselves.

Someone else recommended websites that you can order food from.

I found the link to the MD Ferret Paws food guide that rates various
ferret and cat foods by their quality and ingredients. Here is the
link:

http://www.mdferretpaws.org/care/food_treats.html

Take a look through the items there and see if there is a brand that
you can easily get that may rate better than Purina.

The list was last updated in 2005, so it does not have some of the
newer cat foods listed. For example, EVO is missing.

Personally, I feed a mix of Iams Kitten, Orijen cat food (which seems
to be a Canadian company), and EVO. I have access to pet stores that
stock Orijen and EVO, but I keep the Iams in the mix because it is the
one that I can find at most places.

NOTE: I don't use ferret foods because it's difficult for me to get to
the stores that carry them, and they don't come in small bags. With
only two - and now one - ferrets, three small bags of food last a long
time; a big bag would "go bad" before I could use it up. I don't order
ferret food (or any ferret items) from the US because it is too
expensive, mostly because companies insists on using UPS for shipping,
and UPS charges outrageous broker/custom fees.

Hopefully that food list will help the anonymous poster find a good
food or combination of foods for her/his ferrets.

Inez