From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2010 20:02:34 -0700
Greetings Everyone: In the midst of these storms, flood and tornadoes,
Susan Hayes of the Arkansas Ferret Shelter for Hospice and Special
Needs Ferrets has been talking endlessly to other shelters and contacts
to assure they are okay and that help is being sent to them. That is
how Susan is. She is always fine and wants help to go to others first.

Now is the time for Susan to also receive our help. She too has taken
in ferrets as a result of the storms, seven in all, I believe. Add
these kids to her others and now there are 27 mouths to feed and love.
Four or five of the storm kids are boarders until their family is
secure in a home -- no time line on that. Wednesday night, Susan went
to meet a couple that found a ferret wandering in the rain -- well that
is the story the couple told. Storm or surrender; it is another body
that needs a home. I can't recall the story of surrender number seven.
Seven more with special needs kids creates additional costs.

Ways you might help:
Cash donations to SOS in Susan's name or Arkansas Ferret Shelter for
Hospice/Special Needs Ferrets. This helps with vet bill payments. Go to
http://supportourshelters.org/ and click donations. Also on SOS Shelter
list is the Vet, Dr. Shannon Wright's address at Reddington Animal
Hospital.

Wal-Mart Gift cards would help purchase baby food, baby wipes, Purina
One Kitten Chow and cleaning supplies.

Food: Totally Ferret Venison/Turkey Formula ordered directly from
Performance Foods -- talk to April, shelter discount. No shipping fee.
PF 1 877 545 5462 or www.performancefoodsinc.net

Treats: 8 & 1 Ultimate Ferret Diet Crunchy, Chicken chew sticks.

Bedding: Large hammies for large cage groups are the only bedding needs
at this time.

Rather than post Susan's address here please e-mail me for that
information or check her updated shelter listing on the SOS shelter
list. http://supportourshelters.org/ Click Shelter list. Look under
Arkansas.

Thank you for your donations and kindness. Please feel free to direct
any questions my way.

Most Sincerely,
Cathy Ryan

Feed rescued animals in two clicks