From:
melissa nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2011 09:10:39 -0500
Yes, there is a way to comment to the show, (go to Contact us, it's in
that area), although when I filled out the form I had to pick Dogs 101
because Pets 101 wasn't listed. I have heard back from someone already
(was within three days) and my email is supposedly being sent to
specific show and I should hear back within seven days.

My comments to Animal Planet were: Where did they do their research?
(Ferrets come in more than two colors, cancer is more prevalent from
early spay and neuter rather than inbreeding, although I am sure that
inbreeding can be a cause, just not the major cause, and they are a bit
more than just low maintenance.) I sighted various resources and even
pointed out that if they wanted "real" information about ferrets maybe
they should have gotten information from the AFA and possibly even from
the book that has their name written on it (*Ferrets: Animal Planet Pet
Care Library*), written by Vicki McKimmey.

I know it was only a ten minute introductory segment on owning a ferret
and I did complement them on nail & teeth care, but that was about all
I could complement them on.

melissa m. nelson, CPC
The Full Nelson Ferrety
The Ferretry In The Country