From:
lightkeeper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 13:53:21 -0600
Renee's post:
>As a single mother I had days when I had no idea how I was going to
>do all the things for my child that her friends from two parent homes
>were doing. Feed her? Of course, I wanted what was best for her and
>got the best that I could afford. Bottom line - you do what you have
>to do. The ferrets will survive just fine on a bargain buffet. And,
>for those of you out there who want them to have a better food, why
>not send a big bag to the shelter of your choice. Why not read through
>the FMLs and find one and surprise them. Actions speak louder than
>words.

To Renee and others:
I was NOT trying to offend anyone with my post, my point was we should
put forth the effort to first learn about taking care of ferrets; learn
what is best to feed them, and then strive to do that.

And please leave feeding children and all the sacrifices that go with
that, please leave that out of this equation; I can't discuss all of
that with anyone because I don't have children, this discussion was
about feeding our ferrets and feeding our ferrets ONLY.

And as far as donating to shelters because **maybe** I am one of lucky
people who can feed my ferrets a good diet, I DO donate to shelters.
From day one of my bedding business and making DerbyEggs, I gave an
automatic 10% discount and free shipping to shelters and anyone
purchasing bedding or eggs being sent to a shelter so yeah you are
right, actions DO speak louder than words.

AND I was not talking about feeding our ferrets dog food, fish food,
candy canes off the tree, stolen chicken bones from the trash, cat
poop, cream cheese, various forms of chocolate, root beer, Chocolate,
in its various forms, used feminine hygiene articles, French fries,
Red Bull drink, ham, or empty toothpaste tubes, someone's dump cake,
or anything else from the don't feed this to your ferrets' list. We
all know these are things our ferrets should not have and should work
hard to make sure these are things they can't get their paws on.

Sorry, sorry, I am sorry, I was not trying to launch another war of
words on the FML, Lord knows we have had enough of them on here and
we don't need another one. And I am standing firm on my original
statement; do your research on owning ferrets before running out and
buying one. Make sure you can give them what they need because they
didn't ask us to own them, they didn't ask to be in our lives, we were
inviting them to become part of our lives. And as in any relationship;
human relationships and ownership of pets, we should have what it takes
before making the invitation to come along for the ride. It is not a
"learn as you go" type of thing, make sure you have what it takes
before asking another living creature to become part of our lives.

Shutting my mouth now and returning to my critters and making of my
DerbyEggs.

~Karen Poehlein
~Never have I met a little animal so eager to love and laugh~

http://www.thecrochetedferret.com
Home of the famous DerbyEggs. Over 999 dozen of my eggs have
sold, making for a lot of happy ferrets and that many happy
ferts can't be wrong.