From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:32:26 -0600
Dear All,
Even though I have had to completely shut down The Ferret & Dove
Sanctuary, Inc. since my husband's death, i'm still getting calls from
various persons regarding their interests in adopting, which I have
very happily been referring these caller to every other opened ferret
shelter in the United States, Canada, and so forth. (I know that those
of you who all still run shelters and sanctuaries can handle them,
each at your own speeds.) but the credit for this increase in the
interests of adoption must go to author Piers Anthony. Since the
release of his latest "fun" fantasy book "Knot Gniess", and the mention
of the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in the author's note (page 302! :),
there had been a "spate" of adoption-interested callers.

And in these last few days, yet another "spate" of interested persons
due to his mention in his December 2010 newsletter , once again, of the
Ferret & Dove Sanctuary, including the incredible kindness of posting
both the Sanctuary's web sites.

Here is a re-post of that note from Piers Anthony's newsletter (you can
find it at HiPiers(dot)com, scroll to the bottom)

Two years ago Susie Lee of the Ferret & Dove Sanctuary sent me several
crocheted angels, so I formed them into Angela Angel in Knot Gniess,
which has now been published in hardcover. Angela, like the dolls, has
a skirt but no legs. Her quest is to obtain enough mass to fill out her
body, so she can settle down and marry her lover Beauregard Demon. They
were giving visitors guided tours of Heaven and Hell, and accidentally
stepped in a love spring. Truly forbidden love. She was horribly
ashamed that in the passion of the moment she let him see her panties.
Truly a fallen woman.

Naturally in the course of the novel, which is about Wenda Woodwife,
Angela finally manages to win her mass and become a woman of substance.
I listed the Sanctuary in the Author's Note, But in the interim Susie
Lee's husband died, and she has had to shut down the Sanctuary. Now
the place to go is
www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescue/index.html
or http://ferretanddovesanctuary.petfinder.org