From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 23:04:23 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was busy crocheting toys
for de kits at de Kit and Kaboodle. What a big stack on de floor! All
of a sudden she heard a CRASH. She looked up to see a head poking
through her ceiling. Ah, of course, who else, but Dexter, de little boy
courier. So she opened her door and flew around to her roof and helped
him get out. No harm done to him, but the roof, sadly had to be
repaired. Dexter said,

"SawaFewwet, I guess I missed the landing place. I will help you fix
your woof. I have a message that a fewwet is cwossing the Bwidge. I
knows that I am late. So you best get busy. You know how upset the
Boss gets when you is late. Is there anyone you wants me to get?"

He handed me the note. I read it and told him who to fetch and oh yes,
there was no need to help fix the roof. (I remembered de last time he
helped me, I had to put a whole new roof on it). So I scampered off and
was just in time to see a fuzzy waiting for me. So I quickly introduced
myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering and you will run on green grass forever. You will have
lotsa of friends to play with. Did I mention de fun and games?"

She looked at me rather perturbed and said, "My name is Milano and I
was sposed to meet Sandee Ferret and I don't think I am in the right
place. I really think I must have missed the crossing somewhere. Mommy
said that Sandee was sposed to greet me. Now just where is she?" (And
trust me, she stomped her little paw--hmmm, rather well too--well we
know how DMKs are--they can get rather upset).

"Milano, you are at de right place. Sandee Ferret has moved to a higher
plane. So she is no longer a bridgegreeter, but if you like, later on
you can chat with her. So there is no big problem."

She replied, "Oh, excuse me, I didn't mean to throw a tantrum. But you
don't know how miserable it can be. I was a DMK and I just loathe being
in the wrong place. I was in such a bad place until Mommy Julie rescued
me. Do you know the story of the DMKs? Then I went home to be with her
and had such a wonderful life, but oh well. Do you have newspapers here
to run and play in? Oh yeah, you can call me Lano or Milly if you want.
I don't know anyone here, so I hope I won't be all alone. Do you want
to be my friend here?"

"Lano", I replied. "You won't be all alone here, just trust me, but
I will me happy to be your friend. Of course I know de story of de
DMKs--such a story--everyone here at de Bridge knows it. We don't have
newspapers here but we have piles and piles of leaves; they are such
fun to run in and crunch. And guess what you will get wings just like
mine; well not exactly like mine--yours will be special; designed just
for you. They are great for flying about de heavens. Sure beats hopping
from cloud to cloud."

So off we went down de garden path to de Wing House where de wings were
stored. But at de door who should we meet but Zoe, her friend from
home. At last she knew she wouldn't be all alone. There was a brief
reunion. Then we opened de door and on de counter was a big box--of
course. Lano opened de box and took out de wings--blue with silver
tips. Alright--perfect for the little DMK who had been through so much.
Zoe helped her put on her wings and I adjusted her halo and then she
ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at her reflection and then she
turned to us and said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see how pretty I look
now." Den I gots an idea.

We left there and went down de path to de Misting Pond. We sat down
beside de cool clear water and with one swish we saw the vision of
Mommy Julie with all de fuzzies appear. Lano got so excited she started
waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me.
Thank you for teaching me not bite. You were so good to me. I feel lots
better now. I has wings now and soon I will be able to fly. Zoe sends
her love too. Oh yes, Sandee is no longer a greeter here, just thought
I would let you know, but I will get to chat with her later."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of
her love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to
your house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

We left there and went down de road through de sweet williams past de
pampas grass and we finally arrived at their cottage. Fuzzies were
running in and out and music was a-playing. One came over and said,
"Welcome Milano." She was so surprised. She asked me how he knew her
name and i just replied we knew those kind of things. All kinds of food
was laid out and someone asked her to dance and yet another wanted to
show her all the leaves she could run through and yet another group
wanted to take her to the Otter MudSlide. Zoe finally called a halt
and said, "Just let her dance; after all she has forever to do all the
other things." We all laughed and dooked at that. I could see that Lano
was gonna be busy, so I gave her a hug and said my good-byes.

As I headed for home and my hole in de roof, I thought to myself well
Dexter means well-just a bit spacey.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter