From:
sandra robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 16:20:07 -0500
-- My vets & I agree that another bacteriology is in order. I'll take
some to the clinic to be sent to labs. My vets also look at the top
x100 & bottom 400 for coccidia. And will look for that as well.

Vets are like me & wonder if samples were read right. As we all know,
coccidia can be a mean one & cause bloody stools.

The original sample that the lab said was E Coli, had been thrown out
when vet called for more testing of that sample.

So,we'll start fresh.
At this time WE DO NOT believe we have shiga toxins. The ferrets just
aren't showing any of the classic signs associated with it. In fact,
since I've put them all on the herb soups, (high emzines, slippery
elm, & milk thistle) the stools are almost normal. A couple are loose,
mucusy, & those will be tetsted, as well as the well formed.

Sandi Robinson
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter
Midland City,Al 36350
334-435-9042

http://fuzzyslave.com
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AL132
A 501-3c ,no kill
we always need volunteers
Please help us with funding & do a Good Search with us!! We also are in
need of sponsors for the older hospice needs.Just $5 a month will help.
Remember God in all we do,for without HIM,we are nothing