From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 23:21:21 -0400
Dear Wendy and Rex,

Today was yet another beautiful sunny day. I was outside working in my
garden, yes , me, working in a garden. We fuzzits all have our guilty
pleasures and mine is gardening. My favorites are my roses. I have many
different types and all are named after those that I love most. As I
worked quietly away at pulling weeds and giving the roses their
bi-weekly fertilizer, I heard Hobbes approaching. He was whistling a
Beatles tune, he's a huge fan, so I didn't even have to look back to
know it was him. Whistling means he's in a good mood and we all like
Hobbes in a good mood - but to tell you the truth, he is much funnier
when he's crabby, kind of like Uncle Scrooge in "A Christmas Carol",
but with a heart as soft as butter.

"Got a few scrolls for you Pie.", He said,"And he reached into his
courier bag and handed me two scrolls"

"Thanks", I replied, "I'll get right on those."

I quickly removed my gloves and opened the first scroll and found out
all about Louie. How noble a thing it is when a fuzzit parents, such
as you and Rex, take in and give a "forever" home to a shelter fuzzit.
That made my heart swell almost right out of my chest. There are so
many homeless fuzzits, well not homeless, because they DO have a home -
they are sheltered and loved very much by their shelter mum's and
dad's - but it is even better when they are able to go from the loving,
patient arms of a shelter family to a permanent home where they become
part a new family. Even more special, and the bigger the heart is the
family that will take home special needs fuzzits!

Louie and Meeko were given this gift and from everything that I read,
they made both you and Rex very happy as they wormed their fuzzy way
into your hearts - it's amazing just how well we are able to do that
huh?

I knew I needed to find a few fuzzits before heading on over to the
Bridge, so I went to the Comfy Place. I don't know if you have ever
heard of it, but it's the HUGE room where there are all manner of
furniture. Couches, chairs, chaise lounge's, bean bags, and pillows
galore - not to mention the hundreds of hammies all over the place.
It was here I *knew* I would find <drum roll please> Bedlam - because
with a name like that were else would he be?

And there he was, in the middle of a dozen goose down pillows, in a
pile along with Annabelle, Hanky, Cho and Pillage. They looked so comfy
and I really wanted to join them, but I knew I had work to do and a
greeting to see to, so I gave Bedlam a soft nudge on the shoulder, and
he opened one eye and looked at me and said, "What took you so long???
We've been waiting a couple hours now for you to come and get us!"

The Annabelle and Hanky helped everyone get up and get their bed hair
all smoothed out and off we went to the Bridge. While walking an E.E.
Cummings poem came to mind and in my clearest voice I recited it as we
walked along.

somewhere i have never traveled,gladly beyond
any experience,your eyes have their silence:
in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
though i have closed myself as fingers,
you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
(touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me, i and
my life will shut very beautifully ,suddenly,
as when the heart of this flower imagines
the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
compels me with the color of its countries,
rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
and opens;only something in me understands
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

To me it speaks of the silence that is all knowing. As if one known
to you so very well, can look upon you and with a single glance
convey everything. This silent moment, this poem, speaks to me of the
unconditional love that is both fragile in it's beauty, yet strong in
it's feeling. It is a forever love, just as we have forever homes. This
is the kind of love we all are seeking, but very few receive it, but as
I looked upon the beatific faces of Annabelle, Hanky, Bedlam, Cho and
Pillage I knew they had been and would always be the owners of your
hearts.... as well as Louie, Meeko and the other fuzzits in your life.

Upon finishing the poem we arrived at the Bridge, and it was as if
my garden had somehow been magically brought here. There were roses
in every shape size and color, and they were everywhere. They were
lovingly wrapped around the Bridge, and grew wildly and freely among
the trees and within all this beauty, there was a soft grassy path that
lead right up to the Bridge itself. I could hear the wind rustling
through the trees, and it carried with it the sweet scent of all those
blooms. Then a soft blue light appeared at the end of the Bridge and
it began to grow very bright, so bright that we nearly had to turn our
eyes away. It didn't last long and in a flash, it was gone, and there,
in it's place stood a fluffy white fuzzit.

I could hear Annabelle softy gasp and whisper, "It's Louie, it's really
Louie!." and then she ran forward to meet him as he came running across
the Bridge and straight into the waiting arms of Annabelle and the
others.

These reunions are always so beautiful, and they always make my cry
too, because I know how it feels to be earth bound and missing those
who have gone before me, and then I found myself at the Bridge and back
in the loving arms of my brothers and sisters who greeted me just as
Louie was being greeted. I know how much you will miss him, and I know
that he and Annabelle and the other miss you as well, but as I tell
everyone who I do a greeting for, both fuzzit and parents alike. One
day you *will* be reunited, and on that day, you will find just how
complete the both of you will feel.

Louie told me to tell you both that those last moments, warm and safe
in your arms, were among some of the many happy memories he will hold
onto until you get here to make new ones. He loves you and will always
love you and will be looking in on you as well as Bedlam, Annabelle,
Cho, Hanky, and Pillage - who also send their love as well.

Oh, and when you do get here, he has a chin waiting to be lovingly
scratched over and over again!

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah