From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2010 23:20:42 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was busy making crochet
toys for de kits when all of a sudden she heard de flutter of wings in
de air. (Door open, check; window open, check; hole in roof repaired,
check). Then she saw Dexter, de little boy courier, appear with a note
in his paw. He said,

"SawaFewwet, why you spending your time doing that when you know the
Boss gives us all the toys we need. Anyway, I have a message from the
Boss that a fewwet is cwossing the Bwidge and you best get busy and
quit messing awound. Is there anyone you wants me to get?"

With that he handed me the note. I read it and told him who to get. I
ran to de entrance hoping that I was on time for once. But nope, yet
once again I was slow. I saw a little girl fuzzy with tears in her
eyes. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Here you will have no more pain or suffering. You will have
lotsa friends and run on green grass forever. Did I mention de fun
and games?"

She began to weep even harder, so I put my paws around her. Then she
said, "SaraFerret, I am Mareta and I belong to Daddy Richard. I am here
because I was a bad ferret. I ate something I wasn't supposed to eat.
Then I gots really sick so I guess that is why I was sent here far away
from my family."

"Oh my, Mareta", I said, "You were not sent here as a punishment. What
happened to you was an accident. According to de note I got you were
just in de wrong place at de wrong time. You were a very good fuzzy.
Your daddy loved you so very much. No one here is a bad fuzzy. They are
all good. And you will soon get to meet some of your friends that left
the earth before you did. And another surprise, you will get wings just
like mine--well not exactly like mine--they will be special for you.
They are great for flying about they heavens, sure beats hopping from
cloud to cloud."

I could see that the tears were gone and just a few hiccups were left.
So we went down de path to de Wing House where de wings were stored. We
opened de door and on de counter was a big box--marked "Mareta". She
opened de box and took out de wings--silver with blue streaks. I helped
her put on de wings and adjusted her halo.

We left there and went down the path and to her surprise we met her old
cage mates Pogo, Samantha, Barnaby, and Sandy. She was so happy. She
knew that she would not be alone. Especially she knew that this really
was not a punishment place since they were all here. We went on down de
path to de Misting Pond and sat down beside de cool clear water. With
one swish we saw the vision of Daddy RIchard appear. Mareta got so
excited she started waving and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you Daddy. Thank you for loving me. I know it was an accident.
Thank you for trying to help me. I have lotsa friends here. I feel
great now. I have wings and soon I will be able to fly."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of
her love and laid them on a nearby shooting star which was headed to
your house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

I gave Mareta a crocheted toy that I had been carrying (good grief, how
did it get wrapped up in my wings) as a welcome gift. Then as we came
to fork in the path I waved good-bye to all of them. They were all
laughing and dancing with joy. I could see that Mareta was happy in
her new forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter