Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"The Ferret Mailing List (FML)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Inez Gowsell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1993 10:36:31 -0500
Hi everybody:

In issue #423, Fara states that every ferret owner has, on average,
6.2 ferrets.  I only remember seeing one nibbling at my toes and now
she is gone.  I want to know where the other 5.2 are hiding!!! :)
Especially since I have moved several times.  Maybe I lost them in one of
my moves and now the SPCA is after me!  :-)

Wait a minute!  Cocoa had a litter of 5.  Oh no!  I gave away the other
5!  Oh well, I can still see if the .2 ferret is around somewhere (don't
you love statistics?  :)

I don't see any sign of the cats or dogs that I am supposed to have
either.

I do have a serious question though.  People have been commenting on
hair loss and the tumours that cause it.  Cocoa did not have hair loss, and
judging from the descriptions I have read, did not have an adrenal tumour.
She did have a growth on her left shoulder that caused her to slow down and
because of it's size, (about the size of a golf ball on a 1.5 - 2 pound
critter) probably did slow her down.

Has anyone heard of these types of tumours?  If so, what are they called?  It
appeared one day in Mid-April and by mid-May had grown to such a large size.

Regarding food, Cocoa was fed Purina Cat Chow and loved the stuff.  I tried
to give her other food, but she always turned her nose up at it, so I went
back to the standard.  I tried to give her Linatone, but she didn't like
that either.  Her coat was pretty healthy and she certainly was the most
lovable little critter I have ever had.

As I have read here, her diet may have been one of the causes of the tumour.
My vet just didn't know enough about it and I didn't have access to this
group at the time.  Besides, Cocoa was 7 years old and I didn't know if she
would even survive anesthetic.

Anyway, just curious to see if anyone had any ideas.

Thanks.

Inez