Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:43:42 -0500
Hi FML'ers,

I apologize for taking awhile to send Thanks to some very special
Santa's who made sure that RFRL ferrets had gifts. Some of you already
knew that my one & only son, Kyle Middleton, was killed in action on
Nov.22 while on a mission in Kandahar. I'm so grateful for my extended
ferret family- It was incredible how many of my ferret friends
surrounded me at Kyle's service and again at Arlington for his burial.
Thank you. I am humbled by these incredible friends.

Thank you to:

Danielle, for sending Gizmo his beautiful Ferretopia hammie and treats-
the Hammie matches his coat, he thinks he is quite the Gorgeous George
with his new finery. He keeps telling the other ferrets that he is
simply "a dapper kind of guy".

Donna Strickrod, for the baby blankets, terrific kibble, treats,
toys...Donna has made it possible for me to keep our vet bill down a
bit as well as supply some very spoiled ferrets with their special food
and damn bananas. Donna, words can never express how much it meant that
you came to Kyle's services...

Sharon Allen, who has given unquestioning support,love, advice and a
beautiful necklace for this shelter mom at a time when she badly needed
it... You came and stood in line for hours at Kyle's service. And gave
me a wonderful hug. God Bless you.

Karen Lamb, who sent a gi-normous box of 'tone & 'vite as well as
the ever popular yogis...Not to mention spending those nights on a
questionable couch, just to stay with me, and I just know you'll never
forget me upchucking for hours before I was flown to Andrews Airforce
Base, as well a our "ratventure". Thank you for always being there,
and yes, again....YOU ROCK.

Leslie Hill, who sent a dozen BIG bottles of 'tone for the ferrets.
I had to hide it, I have so many 'tone-a-holics". The Christmas eggs
are just about gone, too. Some stashed God knows where, some crushed
by Pinkie. You can make some beautiful eggs, too!

Deva, for sending your awesome art goods, ferret goodies and the
chocolate! I ate the chocolate, don't worry, the ferrets never saw it.

Paige Collier, for putting up with me and taking in ferrets when I
couldn't..for the ferret food, cookies, stinky-stuff-for-me and for
being.....you.

And last but never, ever, least, Troy Lynn, for sending Gus his own
monogrammed blanket and his own stash of treats...Troy Lynn also made
darn sure that several other RFRL ferrets had special presents..yes,
Paige & Karen called me all excited about the perfect bedding. How you
manage your shelter and have the time and energy to make sure other
shelter-kids have a Christmas is an inspiration to us all.

Thank you Bill, for giving us this forum.

Love,
Marlene Blackburn
Director
Richmond Ferret Rescue League