Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 01:36:33 -0500
I have read of only one possible ferret bite incident w a baby or young
child which did not involve abuse or neglect of the child, the animal
or both. That one was in the UK and the deaf mother left the kitchen
where she was feeding her toddler for a few minutes then when she came
back she startled an animal which fled through the open kitchen door.
She thought that it might have been a ferret or a polecat.

Every serious multiple bite case I have read in detail involving
ferrets, and there are not many at all, involved missing or passed
out adults.

In at least one case it was wondered if the parents may have inflicted
the damage.

My own worst bites have been from primates including from my younger
sister into her grade school years. Little kids can do some real
damage...