Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:10:56 -0800
I've just recently returned from the PETCO where the kits' needs were
being neglected. While purchasing dog and ferret treats, I chatted with
the saleswoman about the ferrets.

I was told that one trio have been there for 3 months, while the other
has been there for 6.

I also learned that the associate responsible for the care of the
ferrets' cleans their aquariums every other day. Apparently, the kits
are carried around the store by their caretaker, although I'm uncertain
when this is done. It could be every day, or only when the 2 enclosures
are being cleaned. Each contains 3 ferrets.

According to my dad (I'm blind), the ferrets' enclosures were
reasonably clean and they all had food and water.

They still are hammockless. Apparently it has been decreed by the
management, that no bedding will be provided to any ferret in the
store, because of some past kits' destructive tendencies.

Is what the saleswoman told me about their cleaning schedule really
something to fret over?

Randie