From:
Jim Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 11:42:01 -0700
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write this e-mail. Jim &
I have put our hearts and souls into our shelter here in Maine for 13
years, and we would do anything for these 34 kids in the shelter. We
have run into a bit of trouble and need to reach out due to 2 kids in
the shelter needing alot of care, which took alot of money. Smokey has
problems with his nasal cavity to the point he was banging his face on
the floor from sneezing so hard and often, everything the vet is trying
isn't working. The next step is a scan which costs about $1000.00 to
figure this out. Then we took in a Oden and Thor, Thor is OK but Oden
came in with a cardoma on the end of his tail the size of a ball,
broken open and sore, it had to go. There went another $400.00. Right
to the point we need to ask for help financially to buy the wood
pellets to keep these guys warm. We had the funds to do buy 4 tons to
keep these guys warm, but as I said earlier we spent it on necessity
to take care of the health needs. We can get the pellets for $190.00
a ton, but we need to find a way to do it. If anyone reading this can
help we would truly appreciate it. If anyone has any questions please
e-mail us. As I said before there is NOTHING we wouldn't do for these
guys and gals(kids). We are still the only shelter in Maine.

Thank you to anyone that can help and hugs and kisses from all
the kids!!!!

Crystal & Jim Kennedy-Ferret Rescue of Maine

Jim Kennedy, Director
Ferret Rescue of Maine
A State licensed, 501c3 Non-profit shelter.
Donate to shelter ferrets by clicking
igive.com/from