From:
Greeter 421 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:40:11 -0400
Greetings for Stewart

No. 421 and Oliver had just finished breakfast when Bluebird tapped on
their window. Oliver opened the door and Bluebird few in. She perched
on the back of No. 421's chair and handed him a ticket.

"Those blueberry muffins look good," she chirped. "Well, just the
blueberries do."

No. 421 took a muffin out of the basket and set it in the table. "Here
Bluebird," he said. "Have a muffin while I read this ticket. Hhhmmm I
think Zoe is that feller down by the ledges. Oliver, finish up and go
over by the ledges, see if that is Zoe and Milano. We has a feller
named Stewart crossing and his Mom wants him to be greeted by family."
Oliver pulled on his sweats and taking one more muffin, he went in
search of Zoe and Milano. As he went by the ledges, he could see a
group of ferrets playing with a ball. One ferret dooked loudly, "Zoe,
your up".

Oliver watched as Zoe trotted up to the plate and swung the bat. The
ball sailed high in the sky and landed at Oliver's feet. Not knowing
quite what to do, Oliver picked the ball up and threw it to the ferret
standing on a little square piece of material, just as Zoe slid onto
the patch. The ferret caught the ball, but Zoe was already on base.

The ferret on first called a time out and walked over to Oliver. "That
was a great throw," Milano said. "You should join us in a game
sometime.

We are one ferret short and I have to play both first and then run to
third."

"Well, Hi, I'm Oliver, currier to Bridge Greeter No. 421", Oliver said.
"I'm here looking for two ferrets, Zoe and Milano. They have a brother
named Stewart crossing and he needs his family."

Milano just looked at Oliver. "No dooking," he said. "Stew Stew is
here?

Great, super dooks, we will have our ninth ferret. Hey Zoe! Zoe? Where
are you?"

Zoe had taken advantage of Milano talking to Oliver and he stole all
the way to third. After all, ferrets can steal everything. For them,
the rules do not apply.

Milano called Zoe and told him to brush himself off; they were going
with Oliver to meet Stew Stew. The three ferrets ran back to the ledges
and up the field to the Rainbow Bridge.

No. 421 was there talking to a Stewart. "Hey Buddy," Milano called.
"That you Stew? Your looking great".

The ferret stopped talking to No. 421 and looked. "Hi Zoe, Hi Milano"
he said. "How did you get here? Is this where you went when you left?
Does Mom know you are here?" Stew was still wondering when Shooting
Star came up to No. 421. She smiled sweetly at Stewart and said in a
tinkley voice, "Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge. I'm Shooting Star, and
if you want to send a message home, I will be glad to take it tonight."

Stewart thought a moment and decided he would like to send the message.
"Ms. Shooting Star, here it is," he said. "Mom I love you, I'll be
good, and thank you for taking care of me for all these years. Don't
cry, I'm still there with you; you just cannot see me. I'm now inside
your heart where I will live forever. I have met up with Zoe and Milano
and am going home with them. Hugs Mom, when you come, we will all be
waiting."

Stew wrapped his message in a big hug sealed it with a whiskery kiss,
and handed it to Shooting Star.

Rolling away on all five points, Shooting Star left the cloudbank and
headed to earth. Stewart, Milano and Zoe thanked Oliver and No. 421 and
started back to their mound. Milano was so excited to have a full team
he was skipping down the fill. Stewart was just walking along taking in
all the sights.

As Oliver and No. 421 walked back to the cabin, No. 421 told Oliver to
check in on Stewart in the next few days.

Back at the cabin, Bluebird was just finishing up the last muffin.
"Those were the best muffins I ever tasted," she chirped. "I just could
not help myself, I'm sorry I ate them all."

No harm done, are you sure you can fly tonight?" No. 421 said. "Glad
you enjoyed them, and I hope you don't get sick. Don't you worry,
Oliver and I will have roasted raisins tonight."

Bluebird finally managed to get up, and decided she had better walk
back to the gate, No. 421 wrote in his logbook; Mission accomplished,
Stewart is here and settled in with family and I think he will do just
fine. Oliver put another log on the fire and soon the smell of roasting
raisins was filling the air. The fire was toasty, and Oliver was very
tired. After just a few pawfuls, he was sound asleep.