Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:00:41 -0700
I wanted to thank all those who wrote to offer condolences for the
death of my Nephew, Joey. It hit me hard, much harder than I expected,
and the messages were a great comfort. I am still extremely sad about
Joey's death, but I can move past my necessary alone time. Thank you.

I also wish to thank everyone who wrote congratulating my son, Andrew,
on his recent marriage to his college sweetie. Thanks, we both
appreciated the notes. Again, thank you.

As is normal when recovering from a personal loss, I take a short
sabbatical, which I find very helpful. However, taking a sabbatical has
an associated technical problem: unanswered messages. I currently have
107 messages in my Facebook message box and more than 500 in my yahoo
email. There are actually more; these numbers only reflect
ferret-related contact.

I know these numbers because I have spent the last two days going
through the Yahoo messages and sticking them in various folders, such
as "Enrichment," "Behavior," etc. To answer them, I'll write a few
posts per week. I *might* also create some short Powerpoint
presentations so I can add voice and photos.

I will be creating a list of future posts the rest of this week, so if
you have a subject or issue and want to get it on the list, email me
now. I don't have the time to answer a large number of emails, but I
promise I will add the subjects to the list of future posts.

Bob C [log in to unmask]